Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's in a Domain Name?

So I've been thinking lately about my future and goals for that far away time. I've decided that someday I might like to run a little business from home incorporating all the things that I enjoy doing and hope to get better at. Photography, web buidling/design maybe even blog design or graphic design. Sooooo I heard something on the radio about how all four letter combinations of website domain names are now owned by someone, so I thought to myself jumpin' jahosevat I'd better buy a domain name so I can own it in the future when all domain names are gone. Yes, this is how far in the future I see my business coming to life. Anyway, so I started to try to decide what I should name my business based on the fact that it encompases many types of media so perhaps adding "studio" or "media" would be good. I could go with recap, which are the options I've included in the poll, or something totally different. Any suggestions are more than welcome! I've thought of things like "Mira" (look in Spanish). The MiraStudios.com domain name is available. I just don't know! If you were looking to do business with someone, what name would give you confidence in a quality product. What name would be least confusing and most professional? Words with homonyms just won't work. I thought of "peek" but then everyone would be looking for "peak" and they'd never find me. Please vote and comment away!


1 comment:

  1. I voted 'other' and wrote in a couple ideas, but of the ones you have posted, I like recapstudios the best. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Recap Defined

ri•cap 1 (rē-kāp') Pronunciation Key tr.v. ri•capped, ri•cap•ping, ri•caps
1. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
2. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the camera lens.
3. Ri - a female given name: derived from Adrienne.