Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Dear Departed Friend

I knew it would happen sooner or later. I knew I was asking for it, thinking about how I should buy a drive to back up my files. I knew that as soon as I had files that were important that I would lose them. It's true, I saw the blue screen of death today and after rebooting and seeing a half start up. Then doing a safe start up and trying a system restore the final image on my computer was slightly askew lines of dots. Small, white, evenly spaced dots that make you start seeing optical illusions if you stare at them too long. Yes, my computer is my dear departed friend. Thankfully it's last act was to burn a CD of pictures that someone had paid me for. I will have to take it to a PC doctor type place to see if they can retrieve some of my info or even fix the thing. I don't think it's too bad of a problem, but maybe I'm just being overly optimistic. I'm thinking if I have to go the route of a whole new computer I might become a Mac convert. Sigh, I just wasn't ready for computer to go. Luckily Scott just left town so I can use his. If he were around I don't know what I'd do because we're not very good at sharing computers.

1 comment:

  1. We pour out some gigabytes for our fallen homies =(

    ReplyDelete

Recap Defined

ri•cap 1 (rē-kāp') Pronunciation Key tr.v. ri•capped, ri•cap•ping, ri•caps
1. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
2. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the camera lens.
3. Ri - a female given name: derived from Adrienne.