Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fall-ing

From 2006_10_22
I feel it in the air. The weather person says we've seen our last 80 degree day. I just couldn't help but think of good ole Phoenix. I remember one year where there were no days in October with a day with tempratures below 90 degrees, or was that 100 degrees? I still miss it. Though a nice fall day does have a certain feeling to it. I notice it much more here in the NorthEast than I ever did before. Even in New Mexico, where we had fall it just kind of came, turned brown...er and then turned cold. Here, the sky changes color. The washed out blue that you see through the haze of summer heat and humidity goes away and you start to see a deeper more intense blue that makes you feel like things have come into some sort of sharper focus. Everyone comes back from their vacation homes in the Hamptons and the city starts to buzz a little more.

These pictures are from a few falls back. Sky, Anna, Scott and I always take a fall trip to somewhere in the area. We usually manage to cover quite a few states. I think our record was seven different states in one weekend. It's always nice to take a weekend to relax and appreciate the East Coast instead of keeping your head down and buried in the New York City sand ....or smog.

From 2006_10_22

From 2006_10_22

7 comments:

  1. Almost missed the Thursday deadline!

    I miss the fall foliage and changing colors. Lovely pictures Ri, thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you cheated. I was online at midnight last night (midnight my time so 1 am yours) and there was no new post! I refreshed a few times looking for it! Are you post dating your blog posts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, I prefer the don't ask don't tell policy. If you continue to ask insubordinate questions like that, your comments will be deleted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably never should have shown her that option...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In other news, I know that jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Recap Defined

ri•cap 1 (rē-kāp') Pronunciation Key tr.v. ri•capped, ri•cap•ping, ri•caps
1. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
2. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the camera lens.
3. Ri - a female given name: derived from Adrienne.