Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

This Week In Photos 1/29/11 aka Pumpkin in my Purse

I was definitely stretching to get photos this week, thus the many pictures of food and dogs, always a good fallback.
1/24/11
The stick plant in the first picture used to be a pretty orchid that I got in the sale bin for $5 now it's just a stick. But I can't bear to throw it away, even though I have no hope that it will ever bloom again. So we have a stick in our kitchen.
1/25/11
We thought we should test out whether Jackson is a retarded dog, to see if he could get a treat out from under a cup. When that proved too easy we tried the old shell game on him, but clearly he's got a few extra brain cells because he found his treat.
1/26/11
When I need to get out of the office, I call Sarah to go to lunch with me at Mama's Pizza. These are some of the best calzones I've ever had. SO tasty and homey.
1/27/11
I tried to take a picture with my cell phone (which is probably from the year 2000) so the photos are really low resolution. But when I tried to get the photo off my online album, T-Mobile said no. So I took a screen shot, because the photo wasn't that interesting anyway. It was just the books on my nightstand.
1/28/11
Friday night, Sarah tried to make us some pumpkin pie, but apparently there's a pumpkin shortage or there was or the guys at the grocery store were making stories up.  Anyway, no pie so we got homemade whipped cream with anglefood cake and berries.
1/29/11
Shopping success!  We found pumpkin at Whole Foods, where I always feel guilted into stuffing groceries into my purse if I didn't remember a reusable shopping bag.  Good thing we asked where to find it.  You will never guess what section it was in....                       Did you try to guess?  Nope not canned vegetables. Of course you'd guess that.  Nope not with the soups, or with the drinks or with the fresh vegetables or near the pies.  Ok, give up?  It was with the dog food.  Makes perfect sense right?

1/24/11

1/25/11
From POD

1/26/11

1/27/11

1/28/11
Posted by Picasa



From POD
1/29/11
From POD

2 comments:

  1. I guessed 'frozen food' section - didn't see pet food coming. I'm not sure how I'd feel about my calzone being covered in sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel food cake and berries might be my favorite dessert, and homemade whip? Awesome. I'm not a pumpkin fan. Last year they had a pumpkin shortage and I know quite a few people who stocked up this year.

    I finally got rid of the stick orchid I got as a gift the day Oliver was born. Only took me 3 years.

    ReplyDelete

Recap Defined

ri•cap 1 (rē-kāp') Pronunciation Key tr.v. ri•capped, ri•cap•ping, ri•caps
1. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
2. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the camera lens.
3. Ri - a female given name: derived from Adrienne.