Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Monkey no More

Last Saturday we went climbing at a rock gym, well maybe not me, but Scott, Kenway and Brian all went climbing and I watched. Then afterwards we went to some random all you can eat Indian Buffet. As we were finishing our meal the phone rang and it was someone from Scott's lab calling to say that his monkey wasn't doing too well. For those of you who don't know, Scott works with 2 monkies in his lab. It turned out that the monkey had some kind of stroke and was so debilitated by it that it had to be put down. Definitely a sad day. That night I babysat for a super cute 11 month old boy. He was only awake for 1 of the 4 hours I was there. I think that's what made him so cute. Since Sky and Anna are out of town they graciously offered us their apartment for the week and we stayed in the city. Sunday we woke up late and went out for a very nice brunch. It's the thing to do in Manhattan. There are a ton of little trendy brunch places, but it's tough to do very often since well Manhattan prices are what they are. We saw a few interesting but random sights, such as a very empty store front with a humongous and gorgeous flower display in an old bucket, there was another very similar looking one off to the side, but the flowers were all dead in that one. I had no polarizing capabilities so the glare off the window really obscures the picture, but I tried to capture it for you. The other random sight was an old car with some cones on top. It just looked kind of funny. Finally, for all you who aren't in NYC, I took an obligatory 9/11 at the World Trade Center picture since I go through there on my commute fairly often. I'll catch up some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recap Defined

ri•cap 1 (rē-kāp') Pronunciation Key tr.v. ri•capped, ri•cap•ping, ri•caps
1. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
2. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the camera lens.
3. Ri - a female given name: derived from Adrienne.