Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

work-shops

I had a workshop for the little kids today. We made pop-up books. They are so funny, it really entertains me to see what comes out of the imagination of a 2 or 3 year old. I had them make pop-up mouths and then decorate it with whatever kind of animal they wanted it to be. One kid made a horse and had the mouth in the middle of the horse's body. Then she made a lion and asked me for help so that I could spell the story she wanted to write. "The lion hears the horse running and the horse eats him." It was quite the novel. All the letters were there, but words weren't necessarily on one row and some of them went backwards across the page, but I was pretty impressed with the skill and imagination of such a little kid. Another girl made a rainbow around her mouth, I wasn't quite sure what this rainbow creature was about but she seemed to have definite ideas.
In Big Brothers Big Sisters we're working on creating animations so that we can add sound effects and a score to them. Our story is pretty interesting, but I won't give it away. I'll have to post the animation we made last year at some point. It's a pretty good one. tee hee.
Got slaughtered in volleyball tonight even though we played pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recap Defined

ri•cap 1 (rē-kāp') Pronunciation Key tr.v. ri•capped, ri•cap•ping, ri•caps
1. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
2. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the camera lens.
3. Ri - a female given name: derived from Adrienne.