Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Last Saturday

From April
From April
I spent last Saturday hanging out with my little sister Lauren. She's not soo little anymore since she's almost 21 and may have a tiny height advantage, but anyway... I decided it would be fun to go check out the Brooklyn Botanical Garden since it is free on Saturdays and some of the cherry blossoms and magnolia trees were blooming. She brought along some of the people she is traveling with for Model United Nations and we all enjoyed being out in the sun and seeing all the nice foliage and grass for a change. A change for them since living in New Mexico means that large grassy areas are usually golf courses and a change for me since the New York City lifestyle allows for more concrete than grass. Though I did notice that the backyard could use some mowing.... Scott.
From April
From April

After the garden we were off to find a brunch place. We tried to do unlimited Mimosas, but unfortunately a good portion of the group wasn't quite of legal age just yet. So we just enjoyed the food. After that we headed up to Central Park where we encountered a couple superheros. I think they may have been at New York ComiCon and wandered off the trail.
From April

We split up after that and Lauren and I decided to go shopping for a little while and Anna met up with us to help. There are definitely some good deals around town if you have the patience. I usually don't. I'm a very strange girl, I don't like chocolate or shopping all that much. Even though I don't like chocolate I know that other people do, so I decided to lead us to Max Brenner. A place reminiscent of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory with pipes of chocolate and a comprehensive desert menu. We ordered the chocolate mess, but I wish we had tried one of the options that came with fresh strawberries and cream. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to visit again sometime.
From April

We decided that for our evening entertainment that Anna, Scott and I would introduce Lauren to Sing Star, the karaoke PlayStation game. That game is very addictive even if you're not usually a big singer. We played until about 3 am and I feel sorry for my neighbor, but once you get into it you just can't put the microphone down. Scott always beats us at the girly songs.
From April
From April

1 comment:

  1. yeeahhh, singstar! corey has an awesome series of pictures of nathan, him, and i rocking out. i'll send them when i get them.

    ReplyDelete

Recap Defined

ri•cap 1 (rē-kāp') Pronunciation Key tr.v. ri•capped, ri•cap•ping, ri•caps
1. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
2. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the camera lens.
3. Ri - a female given name: derived from Adrienne.