Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Surprise I'm Semi-Famous!


So for those of you who don't know. I got an e-mail awhile back from a lovely lady who saw my ad on Craigslist. She was an editor at Time Out New York Magazine, a magazine with a circulation of about 147,000. She wanted to put me in a photography careers feature. I had some trepidation at first, but after I got myself in gear and fixed up my website, I felt much better about it all. Now I'm hoping I'll get a few extra clients out of the deal and raise some more money for BBBS!

I got to go have my photo taken, which was interesting. I learned that I should really work harder at making people more comfortable in front of the camera, because dang it's hard to smile and not know what the heck you look like or if you are doing something model-tastic or ridiculous.

So I guess we'll see. If you'd like an autographed copy, you may just have to donate to BBBS first.

Here's the link to the article. Enjoy!



Funny note: Scott noticed the guy pictured in the magazine was different than the guy pictured online. I did a little digging and found his post about it. Apparently they printed the wrong photo. It's entertaining to read his much more jaded view of the whole thing.

4 comments:

  1. Ha, jaded? Nah, just disappointed. Not every day you could've had your pic in a magazine. But congrats on being included too!

    nick
    scoutingny.com

    ps - I'm inferring from your polite comments that your photographer also gave you zero input on how to smile/pose/look/feel comfortable during the shoot? Same experience here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I like how all the fellas have serious expressions then there's Adrienne with her bright whites beaming at the camera and blinding the photographer. Liked the site too, Ri, sorry I didn't say so in the last post. The gallery is setup really well - enabling the mouse wheel to scroll through the pics was a nice touch.

    I didn't think Nick sounded too jaded, but I did like this "...am overall less vaguely European-looking."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the archived page of Nick's blog. If anyone feels the need to see what the fuss was about. It does suck to have a different person's picture replace your own :( Congrats Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete

Recap Defined

ri•cap 1 (rē-kāp') Pronunciation Key tr.v. ri•capped, ri•cap•ping, ri•caps
1. a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
2. To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the camera lens.
3. Ri - a female given name: derived from Adrienne.